Tips for Boosting Parent Involvement!
You know those parents who always step up, lend a hand, and bring the
fun to your Girl Scout troop? Wouldn’t it be amazing if more followed
their lead and signed up to volunteer?
Girl Scout troop leader Richel Newborg from Girl Scouts of Northern California is never short on volunteers, but not because she’s lucky—she puts in the effort to bring them into the fold.
- Set an expectation that everyone volunteers and we are in this together.
- Use Ways to Help the Troop Form and require every family to fill one out.
- Plan a family event and then fit the job to the personality.
- Ask parents personally for their help.
- Once someone says yes, follow up and set them up for success.
- Recognize the volunteer right away.