We’ve got you, Girl Scout volunteers!
When you volunteer with Girl Scouts, you’ll uncover new strengths and build on them. And we’re here to help you shine.
You have access to these online resources and training courses whenever, wherever to make the most of your volunteer experience.
MyGS is your Girl Scout home base and how you access other great tools to manage the Girl Scout experience for your family and troop!
MyGS is easily accessible by clicking in the "MY GS" link in upper righthand corner of this website.
After logging in, you can:
- Manage your Girl Scout membership and all of the memberships in your household and troop(s).
- Find exciting in-person and virtual events for your Girl Scout, your family, or your troop to attend.
- Maintain your contact information, preferences, and manage any changes within your troop.
- Access essential tools like the Volunteer Toolkit and gsLearn to make your Girl Scout volunteer experience a breeze!
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is your official source for delivering easy, fun troop meetings year-round.
This fully customizable, digital planning tool is accessible on any computer, tablet, or other mobile device and provides you with Girl Scout program content, award requirements, and other resources.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop's calendar year.
- View the troop roster and email families with one click.
- View badges, Journeys, and awards for all program levels including prepopulated tracks for younger and older multi-level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Explore meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls' attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop's calendar.
- Enter the troop's finances (depending on the council's process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
The VTK is for caregivers and administrative volunteers, too!
- Caregivers of Girl Scouts in a troop can see troop financial reports, download their attendance and achievement records, and stay up-to-date on the great things the troop is doing throughout the year.
- Individually registered Girl Scouts and their caregivers can access badges, Journeys, and awards to take charge of their experience individually.
- Administrative volunteers can watch a VTK demo to see all available troop/family programming—as well as provide support and training to their volunteers.
Ready to learn more?
Check out the Volunteer Toolkit training sessions in gsLearn before you start. Click on MyGS in the upper-righthand corner to log in to access gsLearn and the Volunteer Toolkit.
Check out our easy-access training sessions on YouTube!
We also have a Caregiver User Guide to help you get started!
gsLearn is Girl Scouts' official online, on-demand training platform.
Confident leaders are prepared leaders, and these online sessions will give you all the information you need to assure your troop's success!
gsLearn isn’t just for volunteers! All members have access. Click on MyGS in the upper right-hand corner to log in and check it out.
Zoom is an easy, reliable video conferencing and messaging platform with powerful security that works on mobile and desktop devices.
Safely meet with your Girl Scouts and families through virtual meetings to stay in touch when meeting in person is difficult.
gsZoom is our unique partnership with Zoom to provide this essential product at a vastly reduced price point for our volunteers.
Interested in virtual meetings?
Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!