Please be sure to complete steps 1-3 below before registering here.
We want to make sure your team is ready to go before you pay!
Are you ready to lead girls in an exciting robotics adventure? Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan (GSSEM) and FIRST have teamed up to provide an exciting adventure in robotics for our Girl Scouts! Teams develop unique solutions to a challenge throughout the summer and fall, and then they present their work at GSSEM's FIRST Robotics Expo in the spring.
This registration page is for FLL Explore (K-3rd grade). All girls on your team must be in K-3rd grade.
Here are the steps to get your team started:
1. Fill out the appropriate team agreement for your teams level: FLLE or FLLC
FLLE Team Agreement (https://www.gssem.org/firstexplore)
FLLC Team Agreement (https://www.gssem.org/firstchallenge)
2. Create a team on the FIRST website
a. Complete your Consent and Release form and submit your background check
b. Invite your second coach and have them also complete their Consent and Release form and background check
c. Invite Emily Cottick (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a Team Administrator. This allows GSSEM to pay the full registration fee to FIRST!
3. Make sure both you and your co-coach are registered adult Girl Scout volunteers with a current background check on file. If you are not sure, or are having trouble registering, please contact email@example.com
4. Register yourself on this MyGS registration page. This will count as your team registration. Please do not register each of your girls, or your other co-coach, you only need to register once per team.
5. Coordinate with Emily Cottick (firstname.lastname@example.org) to pick up your robotics kit at your nearest GSSEM service center.
If you have questions about FIRST robotics, please contact Emily Cottick at email@example.com.
Refunds are not available for FIRST robotics teams. For assistance with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.