Hike Like a Girl: A Virtual Hike Across Michigan
Trek virtually across Michigan with your sister Girl Scouts as you GO! and explore our beautiful state!
Hikes can be done in your neighborhood or local/state parks. Every mile counts. Earn bonus points along the way by competing in social media competitions, celebrating milestones on social media, and finishing your miles. All girls are welcome to participate, regardless of physical prowess!
Starting on October 1, 2020 at 12:01 AM EST, teams will have two months to complete 671-miles of hiking, representing the journey northward, from I-75 Michigan/Ohio border and ending at the tip of the Upper Peninsula at the Michigan/Wisconsin border. The challenge will officially end November 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
Teams will consist of 12 Girl Scouts, whose cumulative mileage will advance them toward the goal.
- You can create your own team (any self-created teams must have 12 members when you register).
- You can register an individual girl, and then we can place her on a team.
- Girl Scout-appropriate team names are highly encouraged!
- The first team to finish in each category will win a special surprise.
- Every Wednesday - Email check-ins and encouragements
- October 1 - Hike begins
- October 31 - Juliette Gordon Low Virtual Birthday Hike*
- November 17 - National Take a Hike Day*
- November 30 - Hike ends and miles are completed
* Social media mini-competitions
AFTER REGISTERING ON EBIZ:
Once you've registered your individual girl/team for this event on eBiz, please fill out the Individual Girl or Team Signup form* for your Hike Like a Girl t-shirt(s)!
* Your individual girl/entire team must be registered for the event on eBiz before you submit the form.
This is a girl-only event; adults can't count their miles towards the goal. Girls can count their miles even if they're not walking with their troop members. Every mile counts!
Cost: $15.00 per Girl Scout (includes a t-shirt and event patch)
Registration deadline: October 30 (or sooner if event reaches capacity)
No full or partial refunds will be available after the registration deadline.
Refunds (minus 25% cancellation fee) will be available when requested in writing (email is acceptable) no later than 15 days before the event date. After that, no refunds of any amount will be issued. Refunds will not be made in the case of alterations in activities due to weather, early release of a participant, or loss of time for medical or behavioral reasons.
Troops are responsible for meeting their own safety ratios, as outlined in Volunteer Essentials Part 3: Safety, and COVID-19 guidelines when meeting in person.
If you have any questions about this event, please email email@example.com. If you have any problems registering, please contact the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-482-6734, option 3.