GSSEM Mackinac Island Getaway
Join us for a 3-day and 2-night trip on Mackinac Island!
This trip is designed to be a progressive Girl Scout Global Travel Opportunity open to girls of all program levels, leaders and family members. Visit and learn about the Mackinac Island Governor's Honor Guard Troop 327 (46 years of continuous service on the island, the girst GS troop to ever serve).
- Overnight accommodations at the Murray Hotel on Main St on Mackinac Island (occupancy will follow GSUSA Volunteer Essentials requirements and likely be 3-4 people per room)
- Daily breakfast buffet at the Murray Hotel
- Luncheon at the Grand Hotel Buffet
- Star Line Ferry Transfers from Mackinaw City
- Luggage Transfers
- Murray Hotel has a rooftop hot tub and sun deck
- Island Carriage Tour
- Fort & Historic Building Tickets (self-guided)
- Tour of the Governor's Mansion
- Butterfly House
- Join the morning Girl Scout Horseshoe and watch the flag-raising on the Island
- Scout Barracks Tour by girls from our council
- Optional discounted bike rental
- Optional Murray Hotel Girl Scout Patch
- Parking options available directly from the Star Line Ferry Company at the dock
- Approximately 40 spaces are available
- $245.00 per adult
- $240.00 per girl
- Everyone is responsible for their own transportation to the Star Line Ferry Dock in Mackinaw City; parking choices range free secured self-park to valet.
Registration is open. Detailed travel information and ferry details will be sent upon confirmation.
This event is coordinated by GSSEM Alumnae. For further information, contact Rosemary at 248-656-9751 or Suzanne at 248-961-4658.