GS World Thinking Day in Clarkston
Scouts create a display with facts and pictures of a country and decorate your table.
Scouts travel the world in an afternoon. Troops host a table representing a country. Scouts visit the stations to learn facts, get their passport stamped, and sample bites.
Juliettes and tagalongs are welcome.
COST: $10 each Scout and includes a fun patch and 10 bite tickets. Additional bite tickets are 10 for $1
No admission charge for adults and tagalongs.
1. Bring a tablecloth!
2. Bring your country flag - make one from cloth or poster board for the flag ceremony.
3. Dress in native costume – optional (always the cutest part!)
4. A passport for each girl (name and troop # on each). Update image to the flag for your country. Passport should be on a string around the neck – long enough to reach table for stamps.
5. Stamp and ink pad to stamp the passports.
6. Bites – small food or drink samples from your country (approximately 200-250).
7. Serving utensils (i.e. toothpicks, spoons, paper towels, napkins, cups).
8. SWAPS – a crafted pin to represent your country (approx. 15-10 per scout) Remember to bring something to carry your SWAPS.
One or more items for the CUMC Pantry. The Pantry provides emergency relief to families.
Items in need are:
Pasta, Pasta sauce, Boxed potatoes, Cereal, Juice boxes, Peanut butter, Jam, Saltine crackers, Toilet paper, Paper towels and Kleenex
Clarkston United Methodist Church
6600 Waldon Rd.
Clarkston, MI 48346