GO! Leader Training: CPR/First Aid Course in Port Huron
Learn how to save lives!
GSSEM is offering an American Red Cross Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Blended Learning course. To get your certification, you'll need to complete online and in-person training sessions.
- Part I: Online Session (about 3 hours to complete)
- Part II: In-Person Session (about 45 minutes to complete)
Due to COVID-19: After you complete the online session, you'll need to attend an in-person session with the course instructor, where you'll practice hands-on skills and ask any questions. Each in-person session will consist of two CPR students and the instructor.
Face masks must cover your nose and mouth during the in-person session (with the exception of skill demonstration). The room, CPR dolls, and all equipment will be sterilized between each session.
One week* before your in-person session, you'll receive the link to the online session. You MUST give a current email address to the American Red Cross in order to participate in the blended learning course. Most computer platforms are compatible with the online learning technology; however, SMART PHONES ARE NOT.
* If you need more than a week to finish the online session, please email Liz Bruer at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she'll send you the link early.
AVAILABLE IN-PERSON SESSIONS ON DECEMBER 6
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM | Register online >>
- 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM | Register online >>
- 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM | Register online >>
- 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM | Register online >>
- 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM | Register online >>
- 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM | Register online >>
- Please print a copy of your online course completion certificate to give to your instructor during the in-person session. You can't take the in-person session without having completed the online session, per American Red Cross policy.
- Please arrive on time. You'll have to reschedule if you're late.
Once you've completed the entire course, the American Red Cross will email you a digital course completion card.
By completing the online and in-person sessions, you'll meet the requirements 1) for Safety Activity Checkpoints and 2) to administer CPR while your troop is camping or traveling!
Cost: $25.00 per CPR student
Registration deadline: December 1 (or sooner if event reaches capacity)
Refunds for cancellations (minus a 25% cancellation fee) are available when requested in writing (email is acceptable) no later than 15 days in advance of the event date. After this, no refunds of any amount will be issued. Refunds will not be made in the case of alterations in activities due to weather, early release of a participant, or loss of time for medical behavioral reasons.