Outdoor Survival Freeze-In
Love the outdoors and looking for a challenge or want to brag about an accomplishment? Then this is for you! Test your skills as you spend 24 hours out of doors in the winter, building a shelter to sleep in, cooking your meals over an open fire and just having fun! No experience necessary!
You must attend two mandatory meetings in the Southfield are on January 15 and January 22 to attend the January 26-27 event. These trainings will give you the skills and knowledge to safely accomplish this challenge. Some special equipment is required and limited quantities are available to be borrowed. No adult supervision is required or allowed, ratios will be provided by our experienced committee. This is for registered Cadette, Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts. $45 per girl, food and patch included. Girls will work on requirments for the Primitive Camper, Survival Camper, and Adventure Camper.
- Waterproof mitten
- Winter boots. The ideal boot has a rubber bottom, and is sealed in front so snow cannot get in. Gortex is excellent.
- Snow pants or snowmobile suit
- 3-4 pairs of work gloves.
- 10-20 degree below sleeping bag (mummy style with head cover is best)
- Water bottle or canteen
- Jackknife (Swiss army style is best)
- Mess kit, metal cup & silverware
- Sit-upon or Hot Seat
- Hat that covers your ears
- Wool Blanket
- Thermal Underwear (Polypropylene or cotton work the best.)
- Wool socks or skating socks and sock liners
- Hooded sweatshirt (mandatory for sleeping in)
- Framed backpack (internal or external frame is okay) some are available to borrow.
Registration deadline: December 30, 2018 or sooner if the event fills to capacity.
Refunds are available when requested in writing (email is acceptable) before the registration deadline. Cancellations after the registration deadline are non-refundable and non-transferable. Full refunds will be issued if a council event or series is cancelled.
Mandatory Trainings to attend are being held January 15th and 22, 2019 in Southfield. Exact location will be sent out in a confirmation e-mail.