GS World Thinking Day
Troops work together to represent a country. Girls travel around the world, sample bites, exchanges SWAPs and get their passport stamped. The event ends with a huge friendship circle.
Country sign-up is at:
1. Scouts create a display with facts/pictures on the country and decorate your table. Bring a tablecloth!
2. Bring your country flag – make one from cloth or poster board for the flag ceremony.
3. Dress in native costume – optional (always the cutest part!)
4. A passport for each girl (name and troop # on each). Update image to the flag for your country. Passport should be on a string around the neck – long enough to reach table for stamps.
5. Stamp and ink pad to stamp the passports.
6. Bites – small food or drink samples from your country (approximately 200-250).
7. Serving utensils (i.e. toothpicks, spoons, paper towels, napkins, cups).
8. SWAPS – a crafted pin to represent your country (approx. 15-10 per scout) Remember to bring something to carry your SWAPS.
Troops are responsible for adult supervision per SafetyWise.
One or more items for the CUMC Pantry. The Pantry provides emergency relief to families. Items in need are:
* Pasta sauce
* Boxed potatoes
* Juice boxes
* Peanut butter
* Saltine crackers
* Toilet paper
* Paper towels
To register you will need to print and mail the registration form.
Registrations received after February 1 may be charged a fee to accommodate additional shipping costs.
Cost is $10 per girl participant and includes a fun patch.
No charge for adult chaperones.
Juliettes are welcome. Contact for more information.
For questions, please contact Amy Music - firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarkston United Methodist Church
6600 Waldon Rd.
Clarkston, MI 48346