World Thinking Day in Clarkston
A favorite annual event returns! Girl Scouts gather to learn about different cultures and customs.
Celebrate World Thinking Day. Travel around the world in an afternoon. Visit stations to learn about different countries and cultures. Sample international foods. Swap with other scouts. Join in an enormous friendship circle to celebrate sisterhood.
$6.00 for each girl, includes 10 bite tickets, and a patch. Extra bite tickets will be available @ 10/$1 for family members. Registration deadline is 3/1/18. No refunds.
SET–UP 2 adults, 2 girls 3:30pm, all others after 4pm.
Opening flag ceremony will begin promptly at 4pm.
Closing ceremony will begin at 6:00 – please stay to participate in a friendship circle.
1. Scouts create a display with facts/pictures on the country decorate your table. Bring a tablecloth!
2. Bring your country flag –make one from cloth or poster board for the flag ceremony
3. Dress in native costume –optional (always the cutest part!)
4. A passport for each girl (name and troop # on each). Update image to the flag for your country.
Passport should be on a string around the neck –long enough to reach table for stamps.
5. Stamp and ink pad to stamp the passports
6. Bites –small food or drink samples from your country (approximately 200-250)
7. Serving utensils (i.e. toothpicks, spoons, paper towels, napkins, cups)
8. SWAPS –a crafted pin to represent your country (approx. 15-20 per scout) Remember to bring something to carry SWAPS
New this year - We will have a “Creation Station” set up to make no-sew blankets for PAWS Animal Rescue. Please bring one (1) yard of fleece fabric per person if you would like to make and donate a blanket for a puppy or kitty!
Select the country your troop will represent here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4ba4a623a20-girl1