Girl Scout Silver Award Steps at a Glance
- All of the requirements for the Silver Award must be completed by Girl Scout Cadettes (6 - 8 grade) by September 30 of the year they leave 8th grade.
- Check GSSEM’s Calendar of Events for dates and locations of in-person high-awards trainings. Monthly call in chats are also available.
- The Silver Award Take Action Project requires a minimum of 50 hours per Girl Scout.
- Leaders or advisors helping with the Silver Award decide if the girls have fulfilled the requirements and have chosen an appropriate project. There is no pre-approval by GSSEM.
- Submit all completed Silver Award Final Reports written in a girls own words to GSSEM, 1333 Brewery Park Blvd. Suite 500, Detroit, MI 48207.
- Girls who successfully complete a Silver Award Final Report are invited to GSSEM’s annual Honor Reception held the first Sunday of May. Silver Award Pins are presented at the reception.