Reconnect with GSSEM and other Girl Scout adults! Whether online or at events, Girl Scout alumnae can stay informed and involved with Girl Scouting through the Alumnae Association.
Choose How to Connect With GSSEM as an Alumna
- Register at the Girl Scout Alumnae Association website! Create your profile, find other alumnae and stay connected to both our national organization and GSSEM.
- Connect with GSSEM Alumnae Association on Meetup.com to stay up to date on upcoming alumnae events!
- Support the Girl Scout movement and renew your membership!
- Find out what kind of volunteer role would best suit your lifestyle.
- Sign up using our form at the bottom of this page to receive GSSEM in a Minute newsletter, featuring information of interest to alumnae.
More than 59 million American women enjoyed Girl Scouting during their childhood—and that number is growing as Girl Scouts continues to inspire, challenge, and empower girls everywhere. How has Girl Scouting impacted your life? The Girl Scout Research Institute has found that women who were Girl Scouts when they were girls have a greater chance for positive life outcomes compared to women who didn't participate in Girl Scouts during their youth. Girl Scout alumnae are living proof of our impact.
- Approximately one in every two adult women in the U.S. has at some point been a member of Girl Scouts.
- 66% of female leaders in government, business, education, medicine, science and their communities were Girl Scouts.
- 92% of female astronauts and 68% of women in Congress were Girl Scouts.
- Of Girl Scout alumnae, 63 percent consider themselves competent and capable, compared to 55 percent of non-alumnae.
- Girl Scout alumnae report a significantly higher household income ($51,700) than non-alumnae ($42,200).
Read more facts from the Alumnae Impact Study conducted by the Girl Scout Research Institute.