GSSEM is one of nine councils in the country to be first to launch our new Customer Engagement Platform (CEP). The platform consists of four all-new, web tools—membership registration system, website with GSUSA shared content, Volunteer Toolkit, and Digital Cookie.
Elements of the CEP
- Website: GSSEM.org is getting a new look that will be consistent with other Girl Scout councils’ websites across the country. The new GSSEM.org will feature lots of content from GSUSA. Important GSSEM information and resources will still be there, right at your fingertips, whether on your computer, tablet, or smartphone! We think you will really like the more user-friendly Calendar of Events.
- Volunteer Toolkit Application (App): This is the most important change – a new “app” that is available on your smartphone, tablet or computer through the GSSEM.org website. Leaders will be able to plan and manage troop activities for the year, email parents directly from the Toolkit app, have access to important resources to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, and manage troop finances. Please click on this video to get a first look at the planned features and functions of the Volunteer Toolkit. NOTE: For 2014/15, GSUSA is making Volunteer Toolkit accessible only to K-5 troop leaders. The plan is to launch the Toolkit for Grades 6-12 the following year.
- Digital Cookie 1.0: Digital Cookie will allow girls of all ages to sell cookies online in 2014! It will be safe, and help girls reach new customers. With parent approval, girls will have fun using technology to increase their sales, while building the five skills girls learn by participating in the Cookie Sale: goal-setting, decision-making, business ethics, money management, and people skills.
- Membership registration system: The new registration system will simplify and shorten registration renewal for troops and individuals.
The new website, K-5 Volunteer Toolkit and membership registration will be available mid-to-late August!
Two very important notes:
1) All registered members will receive a new login and temporary password mid-to-late August. You will need these to access your family / troop account information. Where applicable, you will also be able to access the Volunteer Toolkit. GSSEM.org will continue to house important members-only information and resources for all troop leaders.
2) Ebiz will remain the place for program and activity registration and payment during 2014/15. Please retain your Ebiz login and password.
Stay tuned to the GSSEM blog and our Facebook page for more information as we move closer to mid-to-late August.